Thursday, August 27, 2009

Monkey-Punching


Last night, we went to the Cliff Wright Library, and I took out 11 volumes of the original Lupin the Third series by Monkey Punch. I did this drawing in an attempt to blend styles, but then it didn't work. I took two common Lupin poses from the manga, but in my style, it looks like Elliot/Cain is going to fall over.
What a ridiculous study! Some of the comments are unintelligible and awful.
Bonus Tip
*Have you ever drawn something and thought, "Wow, this is really good! Wait, maybe I should touch this up..." STOP YOU FOOL PUT THE PEN DOWN AND MOVE AWAY FROM IT. Your drawing is in what I call the Quintessential State, and any other changes will ruin it completely. Usually when I do something good and try to add a small change - colouring/shading something, adding a tiny detail - and it usually goes horribly wrong. If you ever make what you think is a great picture, resist making any last-minute changes in pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment