Saturday, May 7, 2011

Free Comic Book Day

I went to 8th Street Books and Comics today for the event, dropping in before I went to get art supplies. So for the first time, I randomly met someone who'd read Cinderelliot. The guy introduced himself, but for the life of me, I can't remember his name. It almost certainly contained a K at the beginning of it.


Of course, I'm always really nervous when it comes to talking about my works, since I don't like bragging and they're not perfect. I think I mentioned that I've got another work coming (this is Westbury Detectives) and that it's pretty hard to get stuff published but it's fun. I don't know what I was supposed to say, man...I can only imagine how weird it is for one to actually meet me after reading something I've made. I mean, like, Cinderelliot is easily my most crass work that I've let the public view (and I made it when I was sixteen), and Westbury Detectives is my most violent work. But when you meet the author, she turns out to be a timid, gangly bag of nerves.


So, my most sincere apologies to Guy I Met At Comic Book Store. I am completely unable to talk to random people due to insufficient programming, but it really means a lot to me to be able to meet my readers and fans. Thank you so much for reading Cinderelliot, and I really am sorry I seemed sort of dippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment